Regardless of what stage of life you are at, or challenges you are facing, counselling can provide clarity and support when you most need it. At Direct Focus Solutions (DFS), we offer a multidisciplinary, client-centred approach to your mental health that ensures you receive the best possible care.
When considering counselling in Central West, you deserve a team that understands that your circumstances and needs are unique. As such, we tailor our approach to suit you, and are passionate about helping you navigate through the highs and lows of life.
While counselling or therapy is often associated with traumatic or challenging life events, virtually anyone can benefit from engaging a counsellor.
Counsellors can help you develop coping strategies, increase self-awareness, explore your options, set life goals, establish healthy relationships, boundaries and so much more. Taking a proactive approach to your mental health can help you enjoy a more fulfilling and happier existence.
Psychologists are highly educated AHPRA registered professionals who are qualified and trained to provide counselling alongside other therapies. This may include cognitive and psychological testing, or the formal diagnosis of mental health concerns.
By comparison, Australian counsellors possess a variety of training, skills and experience but are less rigorously regulated. Somewhat surprisingly, Australia, does not require counsellors to have any training or registration. Counsellors cannot make a formal medical diagnosis and typically support individuals to manage short term issues present at the conscious level.
At DFS, all our counselling practitioners in Central West have a focus on ongoing professional development and are registered with the Australian Register of Counsellors.
As we have both psychologists and trained counsellors on staff, we are positioned to adequately tailor therapy to meet your needs and personal preferences.
If you feel that you or your loved ones could benefit from counselling in Central West but are concerned about the associated costs, you may be eligible for subsidised sessions. If you are referred to us through your GP as part of a mental health therapy plan, Medicare will cover a portion of your fees for a set number of sessions. This means you only pay the ‘gap’ fee.
Should you have private healthcare, it is also worth checking if counselling costs can be partially covered as part of your inclusions.
Therapy Models and Types of Counselling Offered At DFS
Direct Focus Solutions offers an extensive range of therapies designed to suit the unique needs of our clients.
To ensure optimal outcomes for our clients, our team uses a combination of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), mindfulness, motivational interviewing, solution focused therapy and narrative therapy among others.
At DFS, we understand the individual nature of mental health concerns. This is why we utilise a tailored counselling method that employs aspects of all services and strategies to better suit your individual needs.
Suited for individuals from all walks of life who seek a judgment free and supportive space; our approach is genuine, empathetic and proactive.
Suitable for all ages, individual counselling can support you to:
- Manage mental health concerns such as anxiety and depression
- Work through past traumas including PTSD and developmental trauma
- Overcome life-limiting phobias
- Manage stress and conflict whether in your work or personal life
- Learn coping strategies specific to neurodiverse conditions such as ADD/ADHD or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Deal with school refusal, opposition or defiance
- Overcome addictions such as substances, gambling, internet or similar
- Manage anger-related concerns
- Recover from eating disorders
- Enhance and maintain healthy relationships at home and in the workplace
- Build self-esteem and resilience
- Reconcile the aftereffects of bullying, and
- Gain support and tools for managing symptoms of personality irregularities
The way in which we approach couples counselling will vary greatly depending on the state of the relationship at the time, along with the goals they share as a couple. Couples may choose to also engage in individual counselling alongside shared sessions. Our couples counselling in Central West can provide:
- Support through relationship breakdown or infidelity
- Tools for improved communication with family members, including managing disagreement or conflict in a respectful and supportive way
- Advice on parenting, particularly for parents of neurodiverse children or those with unique circumstances
Our family counselling can assist in supporting your family to reconnect and communicate more effectively as a unit.Our counsellors are highly adept at working with all kinds of family dynamics and ensuring each family member’s needs are met.
Families may seek support from us for:
- Practical parenting advice, especially for those in the family who may be experiencing difficulties at home or at school, including support for focus and attention concerns or behavioural issues
- Encouraging trusting and supportive relationships between family members
- Strategies to support a child with a disability or mental health concern, including autism (ASD), depression, anxiety or similar
- Helping individuals navigate poor self-esteem
- Facilitating respectful and productive discussion between family members that are estranged or prone to conflict, or those who have difficulty actively listening to one another
- Management of changes to family structure, such as those associated with death, divorce or separation
- Better coping strategies for issues that may occur after re-marriage, particularly with transitioning into a blended family situation, and
- Collaboratively managing other family concerns that can occur
Why Work With DFS Central West?
At Direct Focus Solutions, we are inclusive, supportive and empathetic with a genuine passion for improving our clients’ lives. We are proud to work with a wide variety of families, including the LGBTQI+ community and acknowledge that every family is wonderfully unique.
Our holistic, multidisciplinary approach ensures we are able to tailor our therapies to meet you and your family’s needs and assist you in reaching your goals. We know that a genuine connection with your counsellor is integral to your success and, as such, have a diverse team spanning all genders and ages.
For highly effective counselling in Central West with a team that wants to help you reach your full potential, choose leading practitioner DFS. Call to arrange your consultation in our office or via telehealth today on 1300 197 949.