Medical Legal Reports
If you find yourself experiencing legal issues in either Family, Civil or Criminal courts, or have insurance issues such as motor vehicle accidents, personal injury, public liability compensation or workers compensation cases, our psychologists can provide assessment and reporting to help you communicate the information needed to address your matter.
We follow appropriate standards and instructions issued by lawyers and abide by relevant legislation (e.g Supreme and State Courts.) Our team are also State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) accredited to provide help with your Workcover and CTP matters.
We can provide an extensive range of assessments, including:
- Cognitive – Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) and Weschler Memory Scale (WMS)
- Psychometric – Brief Symptom Inventory (BSI), Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory (MCMI) and Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI)
- PTSD screeners
- Neuropsychological performance tests – Integrated Visual and Auditory Continuance performance test (IVA) and Test of Variables of Attention (TOVA)
We can also assess cognitive and neurological functioning with a qEEG (quantitative analysis of EEG function).
Our team can generate a report within 48 hours of assessment. These reports contain expert opinions from our experienced team members, who use interview and psychometric testing measures to help determine psychological and/or neurological injuries.
What and who we can we help
We provide assessment services for individuals, insurers, and law firms working with clients who present with:
- Anger management
- Common assault charges
- Drink driving (DUI) charges
- Parenting and family capacity issues
- Psychological work place injuries
- Relationship matters regarding separation
- Substance dependence and possession
- Victims of crime
In addition, we can facilitate treatment plans and psychological services for our clients when needed. Throughout treatment we monitor efficacy and use a team-based approach to provide best-fit services, working with other treating practitioners. We use evidence-based therapies at all times.
Direct Focus Solutions is qualified to provide support for a range of psychological disorders and injuries, such as PTSD and related mood instability such as anxiety and depression.