Direct Focus Solutions has created a workplace product that will support your productivity and staff management. Issues that can undermine the functioning of your workplace can be the lack of performance from a staff member because of their situational stress or even their mental health issues, staff conflict or even a distressing event that has happened to one of your team or a customer. It has been noted that a good management resource that addresses these situations is to have in place an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). Our team at Direct Focus solutions is experienced in providing customized programmes for your EAP needs in the following ways:
- Counselling support. A staff member may be struggling with life stress such as the death of one of their family members, a relationship difficulty or even developing bouts of anxiety. All this is undermining their emotional well-being. Being able to talk things over with one of our counselling professionals can be helpful. Our staff are skillful in providing short term, effective, support strategies that work for EAP programmes.
- Critical incident debriefing and support. You may have had a customer injured in your car park that your staff have had to attend, or one of your team who everyone is close to has had a cancer diagnosis and the emotional ripples are rolling out. If this is the case then staff can be supported by a critical incident intervention. Our team provides individual and group “psychological first-aid” which can help normalize what is being experienced and provide strategies to support stress and trauma symptoms. Follow-up to individuals and management is of course provided.
- Mediation. Any team in which there is ongoing conflict or tension will be less efficient, productive and profitable. Mediation is a well-researched and tested process that enables those involved to have their needs and concerns listened to and understood. It also ensures that they clearly understand the needs and concerns of others. Key issues are clarified and different options are explored. A solution that is practicable, measurable and acceptable to all parties is worked out by the participants themselves. Our nationally accredited work place mediator will conduct preliminary interviews with all parties and will assess whether or not mediation is the most appropriate method for dealing with an issue.
- Staff development and Education programmes. We know that in most areas of potential upset, prevention is best. That is why accessing some of our staff development and educational programmes skill up your workplace. The following are examples:
- Managing Staff Mental Health – If you’ve noticed absenteeism and a lack of performance from a previously high functioning staff member, along with their mood swings and irritability, then you may be dealing with an individual who has developed a mental health disorder. Our programme can help you to identify (not diagnose) that this might be the case, how to raise it, and how to manage it with your person.
- How to Understand and Manage your Team – We offer professional development to more effectively understand and manage your team with such assessment tools such as the DISC that will identify differing personality and interpersonal relating styles in your work place.
- How to Shift Stress – You may have a dead line driven workplace that creates continual stress spikes for your staff, then our programme of stress busters can be timely. We can teach your staff how to use movements such as side bends at your desk that massage overworked adrenal glands and the benefit of negatively ionised air to enhance serotonin uptake.
- Brain Training to Maximise Performance – We can test in your workplace the benefits of bio feedback, neurofeedback and heart rate variability which help staff and managers to be the best they can be.
The team at Direct focus Solutions can provide a comprehensive, bespoke or one off service that best suits your EAP needs. As your EAP provider, consultancy and support will be professionally and sensitively given. Whether it be one on one counselling, professional development, helping to understand mental health issues or providing critical incident debriefing, Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9190 6937 to speak to Lyne or Dominic.