Our psychological and occupational therapy team at Direct Focus Solutions have over two decades of assessment and reporting experience.
We understand the importance of using objective measures; combining them with interviews, self-reporting, and behavioural observations, in order to determine the intervention and support you need. In addition, we constantly monitor you and/or your child’s progress using our customised behavioural trackers.
Proper means of assessment are crucial to supporting appropriate intervention strategies. For instance, your paediatrician may ask for your child to be cognitively assessed. In such a case, we would use a Weschler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC) and a Weschler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT.)
As another example, if you found yourself wondering why you have always found study and staying on task difficult as an adult, we would recommend you undertake a Test of Variables of Attention (TOVA) in order to begin screening for an ADHD diagnosis.
Our assessment process for both children and adults starts with a structured interview with either or both of our psychology and occupational therapy heads of team, depending on your needs. This builds us a picture of your behaviours and presentation that our assessment tools can further qualify and quantify.
At Direct Focus Solutions we provide a range of cognitive and psychometric assessments, including:
- Autism Spectrum Rating Scale (ASRS)
- Beck Combined Youth Inventories of Social and Emotional Impairment (BYI)
- Connors Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL)
- Test of Variables of Attention (TOVA)
- Visual and Auditory Continuance performance test (IVA)
- The Weschler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS)
- Weschler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC)
- The Weschler Memory Scale (WMS)
- Weschler Pre-school and Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI)
Occupational Therapy Assessment Tools
- Adolescent/Adult Sensory Profile
- Developmental Coordination Disorder Questionnaire (DCDQ)
- Clinical observations in posture, gross, motor, fine motor, social behaviours and sensory preferences
- Functional assessment of IADLS and ADLS
- Sensory Processing Measure (SPM)
What we can help with
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Adult ADHD
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Depression and anxiety disorders
- Intellectual Delay
- Intellectual disability
- Management and leadership development
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Post- Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Substance use
At Direct Focus Solutions we combine our extensive experience with a broad range of assessment tools in order to provide a finely-tuned service. We can provide summaries or in-depth reports from our measures for either you or your other treating professionals. Direct Focus Solutions aims to create a comfortable space for assessment, including your home if this is required, in order to ensure optimum test conditions. We also pride our assessment administration not only for its efficiency and professionalism but for its affordability. Please contact us to discuss your assessment needs.